- Present participle of communicate.
The definition of communicating means giving information, or passing along or transmitting.
An example of communicating is one person telling another why they're upset.
- Love had a way of communicating without words.
- They were communicating silently.
- That was the problem with communicating this way.
- Communicating feelings with Alex wasn't always easy.
- The sats would be on backup power right now, eliminating her chance of communicating without drawing the fire of the missiles.