- Not level, smooth, or flat; rough; irregular.
- Not straight or parallel.
- Unequal, as in length or thickness.
- Not uniform; varying; fluctuating.
- Not equally balanced or matched.
- Not equitable; unfair.
- (math.) Odd; not evenly divisible by two.
An uneven color.
The uneven surface of a cobblestone road.
An uneven contest.
Other Word Forms
Origin of uneven
- From Middle English uneven, from Old English unefen (“unequal, unlike, dissimilar, diverse, irregular"), equivalent to un- +"Ž even. Cognate with Dutch oneven (“unequal, uneven, odd"), German uneben (“uneven, rough, irregular, bumpy").