Small trees or shrubs growing beneath the taller trees in a forest, especially when thick or tangled.
(usually uncountable, plural underbrushes)
- The small trees and other plants that clutter the floor of a forest.
under- +"Ž brush
- The underbrush will impede the progress of the hunted animal.
- Sleeves can catch on twigs and underbrush, and they can impede your ability to aim effectively.
- There are bits of cherry and chocolate and shades of earthy underbrush that add complexity to the structure.
- Even in the dense underbrush, it had found another rock.
- At intervals the trees lost their icy covering, and the bulrushes and underbrush were bare; but the lake lay frozen and hard beneath the sun.