- in one's teens
- of, characteristic of, or for persons in their teens
- An example of teenage is a magazine targeting a fourteen year old girl; teenage magazine.
- An example of teenage is a pregnant fourteen year old girl; teenage pregnancy.
The definition of teenage is defined as a person in their teen years, or something related to those years.
Of, relating to, or applicable to those aged 13 through 19.
First attested circa 1700: teen (Kentish variant of tine: “enclose within a wattle fence") +"Ž -age (suffix forming abstract nouns).
- It's hard to judge a guy by teenage love letters.
- I wanted to ask Billy about teenage partying.
- "I certainly hope you do something about teenage drinking when you're sheriff," Cynthia said to her husband.
- You're saying that, instead of treating him like I do my teenage cousins, I should pretend I'm dealing with a five-year-old who's convinced his stick figure drawing is a masterpiece.
- Howie and Quinn remained the oil and water of our association although there was no mention of Martha's teenage indiscretion that had caused so much early turmoil.