A 14 year old boy is an example of a teen.
A movie that caters to kids aged 14-19 is an example of a teen movie.
Origin of teen
- ME -tene < OE -tene, -tyne, inflected form of tien, ten
From Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th Edition
- Middle English tene from Old English tēona
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- From Old English teÃ³nian, tnan (“to slander, vex"). See Etymology 2 above.
- From Old English -tÄ“ne, from Proto-Germanic -tehun ("ten").
- Back-formation from teenager.
- See tine to shut