- an error or oversight
- an unlucky happening; mishap
Katrina's son's Halloween candy was too tempting to resist and forced her to slip up on her diet.
An example of a slip up is when you mix up numbers in a report you are writing and write "12" when the number should be "21."
- Alternative spelling of slip-up.
- When people expect perfection from themselves, often one little slip-up sends them into a tailspin and back to the old eating habits with a "what's the use" mentality.
- Even the rich and famous make mistakes, and when celebrity oops pictures capture the moment, the world can easily witness the slip-up when the photos appear online.
- Many other celebs have experienced a malfunctioning wardrobe since Janet Jackson's slip-up in 2004, but none have received the same amount of publicity.
- Though her slip-up set Twitter on fire, viewers were mostly forgiving.