There will not be a shortage of oranges as long as a hard freeze does not occur this winter.
The definition of a shortage is a situation where there is an insufficient amount of something.
When there is not enough food for everyone, this is an example of a situation where there is a shortage of food.
A deficiency in amount; an insufficiency.
short +"Ž -age
- There was no shortage of rocks on the mountain.
- There was shortage in equipment of every kind.
- Many of the Marwari traders fled the city, and some trouble was experienced in shortage of labour in the factories and at the docks.
- Tillage was also made compulsory, but this had little effect on production owing to the shortage of labour, draft animals, manures and agricultural implements, together with the oppressive restrictions caused by the fixing of maximum prices.
- Centuries ago, North America saw a shortage of small coins, so large ones were cut into bits to circulate as small change.