An example of sensitive is skin that breaks out in hives when touched by most lotions.
An example of sensitive is a volume knob that turns up when barely touched.
Aristotle held that animals have a sensitive soul, but only humans have a rational one.
Sensitive defense data; holds a sensitive position in the State Department.
A sensitive ear.
- Readily affected by light.
- Readily receiving very weak radio signals.
- Operating readily in weak light.
A sensitive stock market.
Religion is often a sensitive topic of discussion and should be avoided when dealing with foreign business associates.
Origin of sensitive
- Middle English from Old French sensitif from Medieval Latin sēnsitīvus from Latin sēnsus sense sense
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- From Middle French sensitif, from Medieval Latin sensitivus.