touch and gotouch-and-go
The definition of touch and go refers to an uncertain situation where an outcome is not clear and could change any minute.
An example of touch and go is when a person is in the hospital and not stabilized and it is unclear whether he will pull through or not.
Dangerous and uncertain in nature or outcome; precarious; delicate: major surgery followed by a touch-and-go recovery.
(comparative more touch-and-go, superlative most touch-and-go)
- (idiomatic) attributive form of touch and go
- His touch-and-go condition kept his wife at the hospital for days.
- (aviation) A landing on a runway immediately followed by a takeoff without an intervening full stop.
- Fans of TLC hit show 19 Kids and Counting love to get a Josie Duggar update now and then to see how the premature infant is recovering from a very touch-and-go entrance into the world.
- Fit: Germans are extremely accurate in sizing, and you'll find that ordering from Germany is less touch-and-go than North American brands.