have seen better days
Rick had seen his keys somewhere but he forgot where he put them and was almost late for work.
Seen is defined as something has been looked at or noticed.
An example of being seen is having walked past a mirror and looked at your reflection.
Past participle of see1
- The letter Ø³ in the Arabic script.
- You should have seen Dad's face.
- I've seen opossums that weren't afraid of me, though.
- Well, I haven't seen her, but... what does the doctor say?
- The Christmas tree could only be seen from the back of the house, but that didn't matter.
- In all the time I spent in the woods as a young girl, that's the first time I've seen a bear.