Teaching is a rewarding career because of the opportunity it provides to inspire children to learn and succeed.
A job in social work that makes you feel like you are giving something back to the public is an example of a job that would be described asrewarding.
- Providing satisfaction or gratification: a very rewarding career as a paramedic.
- Affording profit; remunerative: a rewarding business venture.
- It must be nice to have such a rewarding career.
- If you leave the wagons behind, you'll be rewarding the Indians.
- The work was rewarding, though, as the house began to take on a homey atmosphere.
- I'm really just humoring Fred— rewarding him for his first idea in years that isn't totally harebrained.
- The king, however, could free land from these charges by charter, which was a frequent way of rewarding those who deserved well of the state.