- simple past tense and past participle of refer
- An example of referred is for a person to have told her friend to visit a particular doctor.
- An example of referred is to have researched a fact from a book.
Referred is defined as to have directed to someone or something.
- Yes, he was joking, and she had referred to him as a Texan many times.
- I referred to it as a dance, but it is a dance to economic death.
- Whoever referred him to Vinnie, he'd better watch out.
- He guessed that the question referred to Prince Vasili and his son.
- She was referred through several people and finally given a number.