- a referring or being referred, as for professional service, etc.
- a person who is referred or directed to another person, an agency, etc.
- An example of a referral is telling someone why a certain person or business would be a good relationship for them to consider.
- An example of a referral is a patient who has come to see a doctor based on the recommendation of another medical professional.
The definition of a referral is the act of telling someone about the positive features of a person or a business, or the person who is being referred.
- The act or process of transferring someone or something to another, of sending by reference, or referring.
- The insurance company insists I get a referral from my regular doctor, I can't just go to the specialist, a GP has got to refer me.
- (slang) A document used by schools detailing some form of a student's misbehavior and listing the actions taken before and after the student's receipt of the referral.
- After misbehaving in class, George was given a referral for disrupting class and sent to the office.
refer +"Ž -al
- The National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (NACCRRA) reported average daycare costs ranging from around $4500 to over $14,000 in a 2008 survey, so this is a very important question to ask.
- Today's casting calls are just as likely to show up as email alerts or text messages; it's just a matter of figuring out who's in the cyber loop, what kind of referral services they provide, and how to sign on.
- When a depressed mood is severe and accompanied by other symptoms that persist every day for two or more weeks, the parent should ask for a referral to a mental health professional who can help the child cope and recover.
- In many cases, recipients with an approved referral can visit a civilian provider with no out-of-pocket expense or deductible, and co-payments on prescription drugs filled at civilian pharmacies are relatively low.
- If your child or loved one displays any of the following characteristic warning signs associated with autism spectrum disorder, speak with your physician about getting a referral to a developmental specialist.