- land, including buildings or improvements on it and its natural assets, as water
- the profession or work of an agent in the purchase and sale of real estate
- the buying and selling of real estate for investment or speculation
real estatere·al estate
This home is a piece of real estate.
- Real estate is the job of buying and selling homes, buildings or property.
An example of real estate is the type of office you visit to find an agent to help you buy a house.
- Real estate is defined as land or buildings that can be owned.
An example of real estate is a quarter acre property with a two bedroom house.
real estate - Investment & Finance Definition
A piece of land, and the buildings that are on it. Natural resources, such as water, that are on the land also are part of real estate.
real estate - Legal Definition
- What they cost you is screen real-estate in the form of ads.
- Whether they are advertising their own product or using something like Google AdWords to get other people to buy affiliate links, the "free" website is charging you screen real-estate instead of money for their web design services.
- The Minskys were so successful that theater producers and real-estate interests (along with some conservative religious organizations) banded together to get the act of striptease itself banned in New York City.
- While students especially have the need for backpacks, many others, from journalists to real-estate agents to parents can find ample uses from among the Eastpak offerings to transport their daily necessities.
- This video game title boasts modern real-estate locations with updated prices, new playing pieces, and interesting changes to the Chance and Community Chests cards.