- One who participates in a game or sport.
- A gambler.
- One who performs in theatrical roles.
- One who plays a musical instrument.
A major player in world affairs.
A football player.
- One who plays any game or sport.
- (music) One who plays on a musical instrument.
- (gambling) A gambler.
- (historical) A mechanism that actuates a player piano or other automatic musical instrument.
- (electronics) An electronic device or software application that plays audio and/or video media, such as CD player.
Origin of player
- From Middle English playere, from Old English pleÄ¡ere (“player, athlete, wrestler"), equivalent to play +"Ž -er.