The definition of a physicist is a scientist specializing in the relation between energy and matter.
An example of a physicist is Sir Isaac Newton.
A scientist who specializes in physics.
From physics +"Ž -ist
- Poggendorff was a physicist of high although not of the very highest rank.
- ALBERT EINSTEIN (1879-), German-Swiss physicist, was born of Jewish parents at Ulm in the kingdom of Wurttemberg on May 14 1879.
- Dalton, who was a mathematical physicist even more than a chemist, had given much thought to the study of gases.
- JOHANN KARL FRIEDRICH ZOLLNER (1834-1882), German astronomer and physicist, was born at Berlin on the 8th of November 1834.
- JOHANN CHRISTIAN POGGENDORFF (1796-1877), German physicist, was born in Hamburg on the 29th of December 1796.