- a paying or being paid
- something that is paid
- penalty or reward
A credit card is being used to make a payment.
- An example of a payment is the check you write to pay your phone bill.
- An example of a payment is using your credit card to pay $100 of what you owe on a bill.
- The act of paying or the state of being paid.
- An amount paid: received a large payment.
- One's due, reward, or punishment; requital.
payment - Investment & Finance Definition
In trading terms, an instruction to transfer funds or a financial asset to pay for a transaction. In the case of transferring money to pay for stock or another investment, until the transaction settles, it is not yet final.
payment - Legal Definition
- "I will find the payment for food," he said.
- My payment for your services.
- Each year a payment is made to each resident of Alaska.
- Payment through a banker or by written draft against deposit was frequent.
- These elect a head-man (starosta) and a collector of taxes, who was responsible, at least until the ukaz of October 3906, which abolished communal responsibility for the payment of taxes, for the repartition among individuals of the taxes imposed on the commune.