Moreover is defined as besides, also or in addition to what has been said.
An example of moreover is a parent telling their teenager that, in addition to them coming home late, they also didn't do their chores.
Beyond what has been stated; besides.
- (conjunctive) In addition to what has been said; furthermore.
- Moreover, Simeon had many imitators, well authenticated Pillar-hermits being met with till the 6th century.
- Texting while driving is dangerous; moreover, it’s illegal in some states.
- Moreover, certain men wrote some books at that time.
- In bad years the tiller, moreover, gives up seed corn before beginning harvest.
- Throughout the middle ages, moreover, the word alba was somewhat loosely used.