(countable and uncountable, plural manhoods)
- The state of being man as a human being.
- He feared the speedy decline of all manhood.
- State of being a man as distinguished from a child or a woman.
- A strapping youth poised on the brink of manhood.
- The qualities ascribed to manliness; courage; bravery; resolve.
- The male genitalia.
- She spied on him in the shower and glimpsed his manhood.
- Men, considered as a group.
From Middle English manhode, also manhede, from man + -hede (“-head"), equivalent to man +"Ž -hood. Cognate with Middle Low German manheit (“manhood"), German Mannheit (“manhood"). More at man, -head, -hood.