Self reliance such as learning to tie one's own shoes gives children a sense of pride and accomplishment.
Self reliance is the ability to depend on yourself to get things done and to meet your own needs.
An example of self reliance is growing your own food.
Reliance on one's own capabilities, judgment, or resources; independence.
self- +"Ž reliance
- A good man will like a woman with confidence and self-reliance.
- In one survey conducted between online students and traditional classroom students, the online students ranked comparably in most areas, but significantly higher in terms of technological savvy, self-reliance and self-motivation.
- Generally, Baby Boomers are independent and confident, tending toward self-reliance with a strong belief in individual choice.
- Parents can foster responsibility and self-reliance by giving even the youngest child some responsibility, such as setting the table or putting clean clothing in their dresser drawers.
- Through this program boys participate in challenging activities that emphasize learning by doing and promote self-reliance, leadership, and working together.