- made to conform to the customer's specifications or measurements; custom-made
- perfectly suitable or conformable
made to ordermade-to-or·der
A person creating a made to order sandwich.
The definition of made to order is something custom-made to the exact criteria and specifications of the purchaser.
An example of made to order is a sandwich where you tell the chef what kind of bread, what kind of toppings and what kind of meat to put on it.
- Made in accordance with particular instructions or requirements; custom-made.
- Very suitable: a made-to-order job.
- Unless you are getting a made-to-order jacket, the standard measurements given should be good enough when ordering online, but make sure that the site provides easy exchanges if there is a problem.
- The most expensive "real" lingerie I've seen would probably be some of the made-to-order pieces, like corsets or Nichole de Carle's new line.
- In addition, the full bar offers specialty cocktails, an extensive wine list, made-to-order fresh teas, and unique coffee drinks.
- Rivers Edge Dancewear offers made-to-order plus size tutus, swing skirts, wrap skirts, liturgical skirts, and character skirts.
- Custom uniforms are made-to-order and allow teams to be dressed in uniforms unique to their color guard routine and school.