An example of leap is to jump across a small stream.
An example of leap is how a frog gets around.
An example of leap is going right from a first date to a wedding.
To leap a wall or a ditch.
To leap a horse across a ditch.
I couldn't leap the brook.
She leapt her horse over the hurdle.
A leap from rags to riches.
To leap at a chance.
To leap a horse over a wall.
- Very quickly:.Growing by leaps and bounds.
- An act whose consequences cannot be predicted.
- The act or an instance of believing or trusting in something intangible or incapable of being proved.
- With very rapid progress.
- An act that is risky because its consequences cannot be foreseen.
Idioms and Phrasal Verbs
Origin of leap
- Middle English lepen from Old English hlēapan
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition