- lacking brightness; dull: lackluster eyes
- lacking energy or vitality; boring, unimaginative, etc.: a lackluster performance
A couple at a lackluster party.
- A dull and boring party is an example of something that would be described as a lackluster event.
- A half-hearted and uncaring effort is an example of something that would be described as a lackluster effort.
The definition of lackluster is something lacking energy or excitement, or lacking in shine or vibrancy.
Also Chiefly Brit.lack′lus·tre
Lacking brightness, luster, or vitality; dull. See Synonyms at dull.
(comparative more lackluster, superlative most lackluster)
- A great cupcake centerpiece idea can turn a lackluster display into a truly exciting layout that will serve the dual purpose of inviting people to look and taste while filling the need for a table centerpiece.
- If you’re suffering from lackluster skin, discoloration and fine lines and wrinkles, an at-home glycolic acid peel, such as the Brazilian Peel, can help take years off of your face and leave skin looking like new.
- Despite the lackluster Chronicles of the Sword mode, you can find clean graphics, 3 excellent new characters, and the deep gameplay that has always been associated with Namco's premier weapon's based fighter.
- With more than 10,000 different types of unique paper designs, a scrapper would be hard-pressed to create a lackluster layout using EK Success' popular products.
- America Ferrera must wear a messy wig, braces and thick-framed glasses to give her a lackluster appearance in direct contrast to the world of beautiful bodies, fashion and flawless makeup in which she works.