- An example of inspired is a person who enters into an extensive weight loss program after seeing a close friend lose 100 pounds.
- An example of inspired is an accurate guess of what the results would be after an important political decision was announced.
The definition of inspired is outstanding or brilliant as if guided by divine inspiration or accurate but based on intuition not fact.
extraordinarily creative, as if resulting from or influenced by inspiration: an actor's inspired performance
Of such surpassing brilliance or excellence as to suggest divine inspiration: an inspired musician; an inspired performance.
(comparative more inspired, superlative most inspired)
- Simple past tense and past participle of inspire..
- She doubted it was pity that inspired his proposal.
- The man who inspired Plato deserves that name.
- Maybe that was what inspired her to come back to get her daughter.
- Maybe that incident inspired her dream that night.
- The Eastern Colossus no longer inspired respect and fear in Europe.