- with the head in front; headlong
- in a reckless way; rashly; impetuously
A man jumps headfirst into the sea.
- An example of headfirst is taking on a difficult project without giving it any thought.
- An example of headfirst is sledding down a hill, belly down and face first.
Headfirst is defined as doing without much thought, or leading with the head.
with or done with the head first or foremost; headlong
- With the head leading; headlong: went headfirst down the stairs.
- Impetuously; brashly.
- Complimentary makeup is appealing no matter what a woman's age might be, but those little sample packets and vials are especially exciting for young women who are delving headfirst into the ever-growing beauty world.
- Before you dive headfirst into the refurbished Canon digital camera market, there are some factors you should consider to ensure you don't end up sacrificing quality for price.
- This is a soul who not only jumps headfirst into love's waters, but totally disregards the danger or wisdom of doing so for the sheer excitement of the jump!
- He raced toward the stairs to investigate, and upon reaching the top landing, he felt a hand grasp his leg, causing him to tumble headfirst down the stairs.
- Use the first lap to see who's racing the best, then on the second lap, ram them into a wall or make them go headfirst into a pylon or something similar.