The definition of a great aunt is the sister of one of your grandparents.
An example of a great aunt is your grandmother's sister.
or great aunt
A sister or sister-in-law of one's grandparent. Also called grandaunt .
(plural great aunts)
- Alternative form of great-aunt.
- Does Great-Aunt Martha really need another Clapper?
- If, however, you're getting something for great-aunt Edna and you heard she's looking for a new nightie, you should probably just stick to the aforementioned flannel nightshirt and pants.
- One of my favorite memories of that year was my Sunday night dinners at my great-aunt Shirley's apartment.
- Candy cane reading glasses are one way to show your holiday spirit without having to wear the ugly Christmas sweater you've felt obligated to keep for years because it was a gift from your great-aunt Edna.
- Personal/Family Storage: If you have not gone through the old box of stuff from your great-aunt Mary's house that has been sitting in your attic, now is the time to do it.