ghost townghost town
A once thriving town, especially a boomtown of the American West, that has been completely abandoned.
(plural ghost towns)
- A town which has become deserted, usually due to failing economic activity.
- An Internet forum that lacks active users.
- Figurative. An artist who lacks a fanbase.
- attributive form of ghost town
- Downtown Manhattan has a ghost-town emptiness at two in the morning.
- When one visits Coney Island, they must take a moment to reflect upon its rich history, rather than gazing too long at the ghost-town caliber shops and rides that now exist in certain areas of the peninsula.