- a rich, dense cake containing nuts, preserved fruit, citron, spices, etc.
- Slang a foolish, eccentric, or crazy person
- Slang a male homosexual: term of contempt or derision
- A heavy spiced cake containing nuts, candied or dried fruits, and often rum or brandy.
- Slang A crazy or an eccentric person: “a fruitcake under the delusion that he was Saint Nicholas” ( John Strahinich )
- Alternative form of fruitcake.
- For example, try a fancy spin on ham (like prosciutto-wrapped melon?) for a spring fete, or a tasty fruitcake as your groom's cake around the holidays.
- With just a little time, you will fall in love with this classic and add fruitcake to your collection of Christmas cake recipes.
- No one will care that you bought slice-and-bake cookie dough or didn't bake Aunt Agatha's famous fruitcake recipe.
- This Italian specialty is more like bread than cake and closer to fruitcake than any other Christmas treat.
- You'll find these lighter than your traditional fruitcake, and chock full of your favorite fruit and nuts.