Faithfulness is defined as the quality of being loyal and reliable.
When you refrain from cheating on your spouse and you remain true to your marriage vows, this is an example of faithfulness.
- Peter protested faithfulness unto death, but was told.
- According to Herodotus he made his doubtful adherents deposit pledges of faithfulness in the temple of Apollo.
- Iv.), His choice of Israel, and the love and faithfulness which He had shown towards it, by redeeming it from slavery in Egypt, and planting it in a free and fertile land; from which are deduced the great practical duties of loyal and loving devotion to Him, an uncompromising repudiation of all false gods, the rejection of all heathen practices, a cheerful and ready obedience to His will, and a warm-hearted and generous attitude towards man.
- Sturla's power lies in his faithfulness to nature, minute observance of detail and purity of style.
- The book appears to have been known in the ages immediately succeeding his own; and, though there is no contemporary manuscript in existence, there are some half-dozen which appear to date from the end of the 13th or the course of the 14th century, while one at least appears to be a copy made from his own work in that spirit of unintelligent faithfulness which is much more valuable to posterity than more pragmatical editing.