- any of a genus (Myosotis) of marsh plants of the borage family, with clusters of small blue, white, or pink flowers: an emblem of faithfulness and friendship
- any of a number of other plants related or similar to this
- Any of various herbaceous plants of the genus Myosotis, having clusters of small blue flowers.
- Any of several similar or related plants.
Origin of forget-me-notTranslation of Old French ne m'oubliez mie
- Fairy Forget-me-not (Eritrichium) - E. nanum is an alpine gem, closely allied to the Forget-me-nots, which, however, it excels in intensity of azure-blue.
- Creeping Forget-me-Not (Omphalodes Verna) - A pretty hardy plant, bearing in early spring handsome flowers of a deep clear blue with white throats.
- The plant is vigorous habited, forming foot-high mounds crowded with rich gentian-blue flowers like a glorified Forget-me-Not.
- - (I) Inflorescence of Forget-me-not; (2) ripe fruits.
- The scales around the throat of the corolla protect the pollen and honey from wet or undesirable visitors, and by their difference in colour from the corolla-lobes, as in the yellow eye of forget-me-not, may serve to indicate the position of the honey.