One that extinguishes, especially:
a. Any of various portable mechanical devices for spraying and extinguishing a fire with chemicals.
b. A small metal cone or cup on a long handle, used for snuffing out candles; a snuffer.
- Anything that extinguishes something; but especially a fire extinguisher
extinguish + -er
- Every boat should be equipped with a fire extinguisher and distress flares.
- Keep a pail of water or a fire extinguisher nearby.
- Candle Accessories: Whether you are looking for a candle extinguisher, different types of candle holders, or candle centerpiece ideas, you can find plenty of information on essential accessories for all your candles.
- Or how about the jokes teasing about having the fire extinguisher handy when the candles are lit on your birthday cake?
- Always have a fire extinguisher nearby when you are cooking in your backyard or have campfire burning.