- a disengaging or being disengaged
- freedom from obligation, occupation, etc.; ease; leisure
- withdrawal from a stated policy, previous involvement or position, etc.; specif., withdrawal of military forces, political influence, etc. from an area
- Release or detachment from a physical situation or other involvement.
- The separation or release of a chemical.
- (dated) Leisure; relief from responsibilities or onerous activities.
- (military, politics) Withdrawal from combat, confrontation, or the assertion of influence.
- Termination of an agreement to be married.
- (fencing) A circular movement of the blade that blocks an opponent's parry.
- (medicine, obstetrics) The emergence of the fetus from the birth canal.
- dis- + engage + -ment