- a disappointing or being disappointed
- a person or thing that disappoints
- When you plan your dream house and your builder makes many mistakes and it turns out terribly, this is an example of a time when you feel disappointment.
- The house that turned out terribly is an example of a disappointment.
Disappointment is defined as a feeling of sadness, dissatisfaction or displeasure when something isn't as you planned.
- a. The act of disappointing.b. The condition or feeling of being disappointed.
- One that disappoints.
- (uncountable) The emotion felt when a strongly held expectation is not met.
- (countable) A circumstance in which a strongly held expectation is not met.
- Disappointment was written in his face.
- Fred's disappointment was apparent.
- She didn't, and the disappointment brought tears to her eyes once again.
- Her disappointment was visible.
- Disappointment flashed across her face.