- Present participle of describe.
Describing is defined as giving details about a person, thing or event.
An example of describing is telling someone what your Halloween costume looks like.
- She handed it to Connie, describing the entrance and house.
- The next weekend Carmen and Alex were having supper at Katie and Bill's house again and Alex was describing a place in Columbia.
- I guess 'situation' is one way of describing it.
- Groucho quickly moved on, describing what happened.
- The physical divisions of the Mediterranean given above hold good in describing the form of the sea-bed.