The definition of deprived is not having enough of the necessities of life or a lack of positive opportunities and experiences.
An example of someone deprived is a child who has never been sent to school.
that has undergone deprivation; specif., of or from a poor or depressed area; underprivileged
- Marked by deprivation, especially of economic or social necessities.
- Lacking in advantage, opportunity, or experience: “Preschool is designed to give children from educationally deprived households an early boost” ( Jeff Brody )
- past participle of deprive
- In 1479 the native princes were deprived of all independence.
- I want to do it as a sleep-deprived Saturday morning citizen.
- He was sleep deprived and not exactly in the mood.
- On the accession of Mary he was deprived of all his offices, but in the succeeding reign was prominently employed in public affairs.
- Deprived of the protection of religion as well as of justice, David tried his fortune among the Philistines at Gath.