- deserving some credit or praise
- ascribable (to)
- Obs. credible
- Obs. having good financial credit
- Deserving of often limited praise or commendation: The student made a creditable effort on the essay.
- Worthy of belief: a creditable story.
- Deserving of commercial credit; creditworthy: a creditable customer.
- Capable of being assigned.
- cred′it·a·bil′i·ty cred′it·a·ble·ness
(comparative more creditable, superlative most creditable)
Some authorities regard the usage of creditable in sense 1 (credible, believable) as an error.
From credit + -able.