- a device, container, or room for cooling things or keeping them cool
- anything that cools
- a cold, refreshing drink, sometimes containing wine or other alcohol
- Slang jail: with the
- A device, container, or room that cools or keeps cool.
- A cold drink, usually carbonated, fruit-flavored, and containing wine or other alcoholic ingredients. Also called wine cooler .
- Slang A jail.
(countable and uncountable, plural coolers)
- (countable) anything which cools
- (countable) an insulated bin or box used with ice or freezer packs to keep food or beverages cold while picnicking or camping
- (US, countable or uncountable) a mixed drink, especially one served chilled
- They served wine coolers in the afternoon.
- (US, slang) a prison
- "About a year or so back we had him in the cooler on a Mann Act rap." - "The Big Sleep", by Raymond Chandler
- (poker, colloquial) A cold deck.