- A person who compounds (mixes ingredients, and tests the result)
- a compounder of medicines
- One who attempts to bring persons or parties to terms of agreement, or to accomplish ends by compromises.
- One who compounds a debt, obligation, or crime.
- (UK, archaic) One at a university who pays extraordinary fees for the degree he is to take.
- (UK, historical) A Jacobite who favoured the restoration of James II, on condition of a general amnesty and of guarantees for the security of the civil and ecclesiastical constitution of the realm.
compound + -er