An example of restoration is fixing an old house to its original state.
An example of restoration is giving someone their job back.
An example of a restoration is rebuilding a set of bones to represent a dinosaur.
- Reinstatement in a former position, rank, etc.
- Restitution for loss, damage, etc.
- A putting or bringing back into a former, normal, or unimpaired state or condition.
- The reestablishment of the monarchy in England in 1660 under Charles II.
- The period of the reign of Charles II (1660-85): sometimes taken as including the reign of James II (1685-88).