(video games) The viewpoint in a three-dimensional game or simulation.
- tv camera
- photographic camera
- Outside of the public view:
The committee met in camera to discuss the report.
- Outside the field of view of a movie camera.
- Within the field of view of a movie camera.
- in a judge's private office rather than in open court
- in privacy or secrecy
- so positioned as to be within (or out of) the camera's field of view
Other Word Forms of Camera
Origin of Camera
From New Latin camera obscura (“dark chamber”), because the first cameras used a pinhole and a dark room; from Latin camera (“chamber or bedchamber”), from Ancient Greek καμάρα (kamara, “anything with an arched cover, a covered carriage or boat, a vaulted chamber, a vault”).
Late Latin room chamber
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
Find Similar Words
Find similar words to camera using the buttons below.