The definition of backed is supported or rallied behind.
An example of backed is when a non-profit supported a presidential candidate.
having a back or backing: often used in hyphenated compounds meaning having a (specified kind of) back [canvas-backed]
Having or furnished with a back or backing. Often used in combination: a low-backed chair; a high-backed sofa.
- simple past tense and past participle of back
From back (verb)
- (in combination) Having specified type of back.
- a high-backed chair
- red-backed shrike
- (in combination) Having specified type of backing.
- asset-backed securities
From back (noun) + -ed.
- Yully backed away from the door.
- She backed out of the tent and tucked it under the mattress.
- She backed away from him.
- "She won't talk," he said as he backed away.
- She backed the car up to turn around.