made without a back: a backless dress
(comparative more backless, superlative most backless)
back + -less
- At David's Bridal, you'll find all of the long and lithe classics we've come to love, but now they've been modernized with shortened lengths, backless backs, and straps that slash across the body in the most intriguing of ways.
- The low back strapless bra, sometimes also called a strapless long-line bra, dates from the 1930s and is an absolute must for backless, strapless dresses, or even just dresses with spaghetti straps and plunging necklines.
- Depending on the style, plus size backless tops can be worn for all types of occasions from weddings to Friday nights out with your friends, or even as a cover-up at the beach that still lets you soak up the sun.
- There's quite a variation with this look, including satin styles that are backless, deeply cut in the front, and even those that are rather short, so you should be able to find a sexy style that you truly like.
- Doing what no other bra can do, it can be adjusted in various ways (such as removing the straps or modifying the back) to wear with backless, strapless and other similar types of garments.