- Obs. many in number
- great in quantity, amount, degree, etc.
Origin of muchMiddle English muche from muchel, large, much from Old English mycel, large in size or quantity from Indo-European base an unverified form me?(h)-, large from source Classical Greek megas, Classical Latin magnus
- to a great degree or extent: much happier
- just about; almost; nearly: much the same as yesterday
- at frequent intervals; often: do you dine out much?
- a great amount or quantity: much to be done
- something great, unusual, or outstanding: not much to look at
a bit much
as much as
- to the degree that
- practically; virtually; in effect
make much of
- almost as
- however; although
not much of a