- measurement in yards
- the extent or amount of something so measured
- ☆ distance covered in advancing a football
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- the use of a yard for storage, as for cattle at a railroad station
- the charge for this
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- An amount or length measured in yards.
- Cloth sold by the yard.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The use of a livestock yard at a station in transporting cattle by railroad.
- A fee paid for such usage.