- The definition of a write-up is a written report on something or someone.
An example of write-up is a full movie review.
- Write-up is defined as to write a report on someone or something.
An example of write-up is writing an article on how Michelle and Barak Obama met.
write-up definition by Webster's New World
- Informal a written report or description, as in a newspaper, magazine, etc.; sometimes, specif., a favorable account, as for a publicity release
- an increase in the book value of an asset
write-up definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A published account, review, or notice, especially a favorable one.
- Accounting An intentional overevaluation of a corporation's assets.
write-up - Investment & Finance Definition
The act of an investment holder increasing the value of an investment in response to its rising market value. It contrasts with a write-down, in which the value of an investment is decreased to reflect worsening market conditions or another reasons for decreasing value.Webster's New World Finance and Investment Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Indianapolis, Indiana. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
write-up - Phrases/Idioms
Write a report or description, as for publication, as in She's been writing up these local concerts for years. [Early 1400s]
Overvalue an asset, as in That accountant is always writing up our equipment, forgetting depreciation.