- The definition of a write-up is a written report on something or someone.
An example of write-up is a full movie review.
- Write-up is defined as to write a report on someone or something.
An example of write-up is writing an article on how Michelle and Barak Obama met.
- Informal a written report or description, as in a newspaper, magazine, etc.; sometimes, specif., a favorable account, as for a publicity release
- an increase in the book value of an asset
- A published account, review, or notice, especially a favorable one.
- Accounting An upward adjustment in the value of an asset.
- Alternative spelling of write-up.
write-up - Investment & Finance Definition
The act of an investment holder increasing the value of an investment in response to its rising market value. It contrasts with a write-down, in which the value of an investment is decreased to reflect worsening market conditions or another reasons for decreasing value.