- Informal a written report or description, as in a newspaper, magazine, etc.; sometimes, specif., a favorable account, as for a publicity release
- an increase in the book value of an asset
- The definition of a write-up is a written report on something or someone.
An example of write-up is a full movie review.
- Write-up is defined as to write a report on someone or something.
An example of write-up is writing an article on how Michelle and Barak Obama met.
- A published account, review, or notice, especially a favorable one.
- Accounting An upward adjustment in the value of an asset.
- Alternative spelling of write-up.
(third-person singular simple present writes up, present participle writing up, simple past wrote up, past participle written up)
- To write about positively.
- The paper wrote up the team's prospects.
- To document the faults of.
- His supervisor wrote him up after their last argument.
- To produce by writing.
- The supervisor wrote up the personnel report about him.
- This term is, usually, used only when the thing being written has been previously set, at least approximately. Thus, one can write up a report of events, minutes of a meeting, or a contract previously already agreed upon orally.
write-up - Investment & Finance Definition
The act of an investment holder increasing the value of an investment in response to its rising market value. It contrasts with a write-down, in which the value of an investment is decreased to reflect worsening market conditions or another reasons for decreasing value.
- Each cellular phone review here includes a large number of pictures, as well as a comprehensive write-up and a useful video.
- One drawback to reading recaps is that sometimes the reviewer's personal thoughts are included into the write-up as well.
- This includes not only a short write-up, but also a hands-on video and a number of user reviews.