- Wired describes someone who is wearing a device to record what is being said around them.
An example of someone wired is an informant for the FBI.
- The definition of wired is very nervous, or having a lot of energy, or connected to the Internet or cable.
- An example of someone being wired is a person who had five cups of coffee.
- An example of something wired is a computer that's connected to a network with a cable.
- ⌂ Informal wearing or carrying, esp. surreptitiously, a microphone or recording device
- ⌂ Slang extremely excited, nervous, disoriented, etc.
- ⌂ Slang under the influence of a drug
- furnished or equipped with wiring, as for electrical service or computerization
- connected to a computer network, cable TV system, etc.
- Equipped with a system of wires, as for electric, telephone, cable television, or computer network connections.
- Equipped with hidden electronic eavesdropping devices: a wired hotel room.
- a. Reinforced or supported by wires.b. Tied or bound up with wire: wired bundles of newspaper.
- Genetically determined; hardwired.
- Slang Very stimulated or excited, as from a stimulant or a rush of adrenaline.
(comparative more wired, superlative most wired)
- Equipped with wires, so as to connect to a power source or to other electric or electronic equipment; connected by wires.
- Equipped with hidden electronic eavesdropping devices.
- Reinforced, supported, tied or bound with wire.
- (slang) Very excited, overstimulated; high-strung.
- After three cups of coffee she was too wired to sleep.
- (poker slang) A pair in seven card stud with one face up and one face down
- (poker slang) three of a kind as the first three cards in seven card stud
- I was dealt three of a kind, wired.
- (informal, of people or communities) connected to the Internet; online
- Simple past tense and past participle of wire.
- wire +"Ž -ed