A woman wears a waterproof raincoat.
A plastic raincoat is an example of something that is waterproof.
- waterproof material
- Chiefly Brit. a raincoat or other outer garment of waterproof material
- Impervious to or unaffected by water.
- Made of or coated or treated with rubber, plastic, or a sealing agent to prevent penetration by water.
- A material or fabric that is impervious to water.
- Chiefly British A raincoat or other such outer garment.
transitive verbwa·ter·proofed, wa·ter·proof·ing, wa·ter·proofs
(comparative more waterproof, superlative most waterproof)
- Unaffected by water.
- Made of or covered with material that doesn't allow water in.
(third-person singular simple present waterproofs, present participle waterproofing, simple past and past participle waterproofed)
- To make waterproof or water-resistant.
- A substance or preparation for rendering cloth, leather, etc., impervious to water.
- Cloth made waterproof, or any article made of such cloth, or of other waterproof material, as rubber; especially, an outer garment made of such material.
water +"Ž -proof