- Vividly is defined as something done in a clear, graphic or very detailed manner.
When you paint a really clear and detailed picture of what the sunset looked like over the water, this is an example of a situation where you described the sunset vividly.
Variant of vivid
- full of life; vigorous; lively; striking: a vivid personality
- bright; intense; brilliant: said of colors, light, etc.
- brightly colored: a vivid tapestry
- forming clear or striking mental images; strong; active; daring: a vivid imagination
- clearly perceived by the mind, as a recollection
- bringing strikingly realistic or lifelike images to the mind: a vivid description
Origin: L vividus, lively from vivere, to live: see bio-
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.