A compact fluorescent light bulb.
- A CFL light bulb that works through radiation is an example of a fluorescent light.
- A bright, vivid, colorful pink couch is an example of a fluorescent couch.
Fluorescent is defined as emitting light due to absorbing radiation from an external source, or something vividly colorful.
- producing light when acted upon by radiant energy
- of or having to do with fluorescent light or lighting
- glowing and vivid: fluorescent colors
- a. Of or relating to fluorescence.b. Exhibiting or produced by fluorescence: fluorescent corals; fluorescent light.
- Glowing as if with fluorescence; vivid: bright fluorescent colors.
- Of or relating to a light bulb that produces visible light by fluorescence, especially a glass tube whose inner wall is coated with a material that fluoresces when an electrical current causes a vapor within the tube to discharge photons.
- A fluorescent light bulb.
- A lamp that is fitted with a fluorescent light bulb.
(comparative more fluorescent, superlative most fluorescent)
- Of or relating to fluorescence
- Exhibiting or produced by fluorescence
- The fluorescent plants shimmered in the darkness.
- Emitting visible light as a result of the excitation of phosphors by ultraviolet photons produced by the passage of an electrical current through an inert gas infused with mercury.
- The quality of fluorescent lighting technology has improved dramatically in recent years.
- Glowing as if with fluorescence; vivid
- Her shirt was fluorescent orange.
- A fluorescent light
- The fluorescents hummed day and night.